Saturday, July 7, 2007

Back on the Bike

Took a couple of days off after the Tour of Payne ride. Got a pretty good ride in, today. Rode 21st St. to Avery Drive to SH 51. Rode 51 to the last turnaround before the two hills east of Keystone Dam. Map is here. Weather was partly cloudy, temp in mid 90s, little or no wind.

I was pretty well rested, and I knew I wouldn't be riding tomorrow, so I hammered most of the way. I was averaging 17.9 mph, at the SH 51 junction. The portion of SH 51 I rode is pretty flat, and I was managing between 20.5 and 21.5 mph most of the way to the turn around point. Average speed at the turnaround was 18.3 mph.

I managed to get the average speed up to 18.4 mph on the way back, but lost some time on the Avery drive section of the course. I stopped to check my back tire on one of the climbing sections, and by the time I was back up to speed, I was down to 18.2 mph average speed. Held that average the rest of the way home, though.

Counting the distance I rode to and from the start point on the map, I rode 27.9 miles. Average speed was 18.2 mph. Time was 1:32:04. Max speed was 30.7 mph. Average heart rate was 144 (76% of max). Maximum heart rate was 164 (87% of max).

No comments: